The second Applicant Auction is just a few weeks away, and we've been hard at work finalizing the details. We're excited to see so many applicants ready to participate, and wanted to share a few details about our progress toward the big day:
- Tuesday July 30: Contract, Terms, and other documents available for final review, escrow account ready to receive deposits
- Wednesday July 31: Business documents must be received by Credit Suisse for know-your-customer due diligence
- Monday August 5: Signed participation agreements must be received (on paper) by 5pm CET
- Thursday August 8 and/or Friday August 9: Mock auction - Participation strongly encouraged
- Monday August 12: Deposits must be received (by 5pm CET)
- Tuesday August 13: First day of auction – Round 1 lasts 24 hours (Rest of auction will continue with multiple, shorter rounds over the next 2-3 days)
To ensure the continued transparency and independence of the Applicant Auction, we've selected two top firms to act as our neutral party and escrow provider for the August event:
We are happy to announce that Credit Suisse will serve as our escrow provider for the August 13 auction. We made the switch to allow for more currency options than our previous provider. We will now be able to take payments in CAD, EUR, GBP, and USD, as well as most other currencies that are free of exchange restrictions. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to make payment in a currency not listed here.
As previously announced, Deloitte will serve as our neutral party. They have a significant amount of expertise serving as contract risk and compliance auditors for a number of organizations, including ICANN.
Documents, including the Applicant Auction Agreement, Bidder Instructions, and slides from our workshop at Durban, are all available. Please fill out the form below to receive the documents. We are accepting comments on the contracts until Monday, July 29.
Ready to Register?
To indicate your interest in participation and become eligible to receive login credentials for the auction registration website, please fill out the form below.